Monday, February 11, 2013

Rug Hooking Guild Meeting

I *finally* made it to a guild meeting. I've missed the last two due to not feeling well and when they only happen once a month I feel like I really miss out. I was late, but I made it! There was a special guest so I made extra effort to drag myself there. I haven't felt well in months with my chronic issues and of course they were flaring up that day. Just my luck, lol. I was 30 minutes late, but not the last one there. : )


Barb's sample


A close-up of Barb's sample

Barb Gott of Gott Wool was our special guest. I missed the sign-up for the mini workshop she was teaching, but there were extra patterns so I got to participate. Yay!  She was teaching about the bargello style. It's not my style, I'm a prim girl, but I'm up for learning new things so why not. She had gorgeous wool to purchase so I chose three. We could have used our own wool, but it was easier to buy the three value swatches for this project.

The wool I bought from Barb Gott

This was not the style of hooking I'm used to. There was a lot of counting and following of the pattern to do, and it was a lot like counted cross-stitch. It was kind of nerve-wracking as if you make one mistake counting, your whole pattern will be off. No pressure! : )

I got the middle started. Oops, my photo is upside down!

Barb was a great teacher and threw in a joke or two. Thanks Barb for a great mini workshop!

Barb Gott
All of the guild ladies hard at work. I think there were 45 of us there that day.


I have a few more pictures from the guild meeting that I will share with you another day. You will not believe it! : )


~Michelle


2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I've not seen that style of hooking. It's not my style, either, but it's always fun to learn.
I don't belong to any guilds because the ones around here meet during the day when I'm at work :(
Hugs :)
Lauren

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
I have a working with wool class I'm going to attend at the end of March ~ can't wait to learn something new!
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin