Thursday, January 22, 2015

Prim Pottery

While stitching and rug hooking hold a special place in my heart, another love since high school has been pottery. I haven't thrown on the wheel since my Senior year (gah! almost 20 years ago!), but have had fun with a few clay projects in the last couple of years.

I enjoy making Christmas gifts for my family and friends. This year I chose a project that made me more emotional than I thought I would be.

I never met my father's parents. They both passed many years before I was born (my dad was the youngest of 9). My mom said Grandma was always crocheting doilies and she had a bunch stashed away. I had seen a project that used doilies or lace impressed in clay. That was it - this year's project! 

It worked. My Grandma, whom I never got the chance to meet, and I collaborated on a project. I was smitten with clay all over again. : )

Please let me know what you think. I have more projects in the works, and I would like to put them on etsy if there is interest.

~michelle

3 comments:

Humble Heart Designs said...

Lovely! What a great use of clay!
And a great way to preserve a memory!

Rugs and Pugs said...

So good to hear from you!!!
Wonderful, Michelle. I love them.
Hugs :)
Lauren

obat herbal tbc kronis said...

wow beautiful pictures


Obat Herbal TBC Kronis