Friday, August 24, 2012

Favorite Embroidery Floss

Hi all. I feel like I fell off the face of the earth for a few days. I have been rolling, baking, and painting salt dough like a crazy lady, lol. I have them for sale on a Facebook group, Primitives for Sale. I am so thankful for the orders, but I have salt dough coming out of my ears. : )

I have a question regarding embroidery floss.  I've been using DMC for ever, but want to get a more variegated look when doing punch needle. I started researching and it seems Valdani and Weeks Dye Works are the most popular outside of DMC. They are both beautiful, but neither is sold at a shop near me so I would have to order online. Also, the price is higher. While those are both cons, they are completely understandable. Hand-dyed floss is worth the price I'm sure. I also like to use 6 strands when punching and they both offer 6-ply so that's a plus.


Valdani Embroidery Floss


Weeks Dye Works Embroidery Floss


So what is your favorite floss to use? Do you know of an online shop that has good prices? Feel free to email me at info (at) sugarhousecreations (dot) com if you don't want to post here.



~Michelle

8 comments:

Trace4J said...

Hello New Friend
I too use DMC, but please share all info you find about the floss.
Id love to know also.
Happy Friday
Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Ann said...

Michelle,

Have you visited Nancy at Victorian Motto Sampler Blog? http://victorianmottosamplershoppe.blogspot.com/

I recently won some of her hand dyed floss and then just HAD to purchase more! LOL. Her skeins include more yardage than some of the other more well known overdyed flosses. I was very pleased with the quality and the colors. Good Luck! ~Ann

Raymond Homestead said...

This is a good question Michelle. I love to punchneedle but the floss can be quite expensive!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Michelle,
Yes. Please share any information you may receive. I love the specialty flosses, but use DMC because of the cost. I know there is a cross stitch shop in Strongsville that sells some of the designer flosses.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Ann. I love Nancy Turner's flosses. Their colors are rich and her prices are reasonable compared to others. Happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that she also has an ebay store with lots of other stitching goodies.

Nancee said...

Gentle Art Threads is also wonderful. They are out of Ohio. I do have their sampler and shaker threads for sale in my studio. Both are 6 strand.
nancee

Jan said...

Would love to see your Puggle, and thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
I use alot of DMD but also Valdini and JP Coats. Love Valdini but yes it is expensive for needle punch but the results are great.