Sunday, April 3, 2011

A quick makeover



This was my first attempt at making over a thrift store item. I used too many coats of paint and didn't watch my sanding, but she is cute anyway. She was an orangish-brown color underneath with polka dots, and even with a few coats of paint you can still see the polka dots and I kinda like that. I like that you can see that color along the edges where I sanded. She had a grungy blue bow that I changed to a raggedy piece of cotton. Here is the original:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every time I walk past the fireplace I get a nice whiff of those grubby candles from Tonya. My son even commented on how great they smell. Yum!

~candles, doily, berries, and paddle~


10 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh she sent you some neat gifties too..I was just scrolling down your blog and noticed wee bitty kittens..they are precious..more photos please..oh when I see kittens..it makes me so baby hungry.;)

Rachel said...

I think your makeover looks great!

Angela said...

Cute kitty. And I love the gifts you got from Tonya. I love shopping junk and thrift stores. The hunt is fun and when we find that perfect piece, oh such fun. Have a good evening.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

really cute, michelle....
you know my favorite thing is the make-over...
★Linda★

Raymond Homestead said...

Your makeover looks great!

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Good makeover! And cute package from my mom!

Carmen and the Primcats

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

great makeover! and Tonya is so sweet! keep up the great work and enjoy the day !
hugs
lil raggedy angie

Margie said...

I love your little kitty makeover...thanks for entering my giveaway too ! I look forward to seeing all your makeovers...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE makeovers !!!

Margie at Hungry Hook Primitives

Farmhouse prims said...

You did an awesome job!!!

Farmhouse prims said...

You did an awesome job!!!