Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Few Gifts From A Friend

I stopped by my friend Kimberlee's today. She had borrowed by dye spoons and a wood sander for a thrift store project she was working on, and I stopped by to pick them up. Yesterday was her birthday and I'm working on something for her, but not quite done yet. My oldest sister lost power last week in the storms and was told it would be at least a week to get it back on as she lives in a small town and they are always the last to get power.  They have well water and septic, and things get yucky pretty quick. So my sister and 6-year-old niece came up to spend a few days with my mom and dad and a few days with us, and needless to say I didn't get any stitching done on Kimberlee's gift.

Back to Kimberlee's house.....It seemed like my birthday as she had two gifts for me when I stopped by to pick up my dye spoons and sander.

This adorable snipped bowl that she painted........




.........and this cute flag pin that she picked up at a local gift shop.




I haven't been blogging a lot, but I'm always checking out your blogs. With that heat we have been having in Ohio I've been trying to stay cool. We have two window AC units, one in the living room and one in our son's room since it's on the second floor, and they have been keeping two rooms cool. Ceiling fans have been helping too. I don't know what we would do without the window units. The heat index the last few days was up to 107 and it's been humid. After taking the dog out to go potty I feel like I need to take a shower, lol. Thank goodness today it was sort of cloudy and it cooled off a few degrees. : )

Since my last post I've been to a hook-in and attended a few local hooking days with guilds. I have some pics to share, but will do that next time. I really need to get back into the blogging swing of things.

I still have my rug frame for sale if anyone is interested.



~Michelle




3 comments:

Kim said...

Love that snippet bowl. I make such a mess with my snippets. I hope this heat wave breaks soon for you and the power crews get everyone back on line.
Your friend spells her name the same as me. You don't see too many lee's

BumbleBeeLane said...

Always wonderful to be surprised with a little gift.Oh Hot is not the word for it.We been in a heat wave 2 weeks.The say it's supposed to cool down some today but I'm begining to wonder.Been working on your goodies.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Sassy John Watson said...

Hi niice reading your blog